Square Feet: 1020
Lot Square Feet: 2040
Year Built: 1925
Welcome home to this sunny bungalow in the heart of vibrant West Berkeley.
Inside you’ll find an inviting living room that opens to the light-filled dining room. There are two bedrooms--one with its own half bath--and a shared full bath. Don’t miss the two generous bonus spaces. The converted garage office/studio offers tremendous flexibility, and the basement is perfect for a workshop.
Working from home, or looking for a great art studio or playroom? The detached, bright and airy converted garage is perfect for WFH, with hard-wired, super-fast 1 gigabit fiber internet. If you’d prefer to get out and about, a co-working space is just three blocks away and three great coffee shops are within a 10 minute stroll.
Basements are a rarity in Berkeley, and here you’ll find a tidy, sunny one with ample windows and space to work on your favorite projects, stash belongings, or organize that Pez collection.
The owners thoroughly enjoyed the side yard tucked away on the south side, too. While others might enjoy it for pets or plants, it also “makes an excellent toddler run” where kiddos can play and get their wiggles out. For more space to play you’ll also find three parks and playgrounds within 7 blocks.
Lovingly improved over the years, recent updates include:
- A new seismic retrofit with engineered plans (2020), and partial foundation replacement (2011)
- Nicely updated kitchen and baths (2016-2020)
- Super-fast 1 gigabit fiber internet (from Sonic)
- New air ducts (2012) and HVAC system set up for full-home filtration (great for pollen or smokey days)
- Water heater (2016)
- Sewer lateral in compliance (2013)
- Roof replaced (2011)
The homeowners already miss the friendly, down-to-earth neighborhood, including hidden gems and well-loved local favorites like:
- An easy commute - one mile to North Berkeley BART, with nearby bike lanes, carshare stops, and Transbay bus stops, plus easy access to highway 80
- Great coffee shops within a 10 minute walk including Highwire (3 blocks), Catahoula (4 blocks), and CoRo Coffee Room (5 blocks)
- Popular restaurants like La Marcha Tapas (4 blocks), Gaumenkitzel (3 blocks), Lanesplitter’s Pizza (3 blocks), Everett & Jones BBQ (4 blocks), Vik’s Chaat (7 blocks), Paisan (7 blocks), Longbranch (7 blocks), and many more
- Four great shops within a mile making shopping a breeze: Berkeley Bowl West (1 mile), Whole Foods (1 mile), and neighborhood favorites Franklin Bros. Market (5 blocks) and Mi Tierra (3 blocks)
- Favorite parks and playgrounds: new Tenth Street playground (2 blocks), Aquatic Park (6 blocks), Strawberry Creek Park (7 blocks)
- Iron Works Climbing gym (1 mile), and the pedestrian overpass to the Berkeley Marina (7 blocks)
- Shopping for basics and for fun at Target (½ mile) and Fourth Street shops including Apple, Sur la Table, The Pasta Shop, CB2, and Five Little Monkeys (4-8 blocks)
Getting around is convenient too. Walkscore.com rates this address 94 out of 100, a “Walker’s Paradise” in which “Daily errands do not require a car” as well as a “Biker’s Paradise” (99/100), “Flat as a pancake, with excellent bike lanes.”
Commuting? You’re just one mile to North Berkeley BART, a 5 minute walk to a Transbay bus stop into San Francisco, and minutes from Highway 80.