Tuesday, March 29th, 1PM
Square Footage: 1611 sf
Lot Square Footage: 5500 sf
Year Built: 1916
Welcome to 5843 Bayview Avenue. This artistically renovated 1916 farmhouse style home includes 4 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms all surrounded by stunning gardens and mature landscaping. The beautifully remodeled kitchen features ample solid wood cabinets, unique granite counters, mosaic tile backsplash over cookstove, wainscotting, cork floor and a large walk-in pantry. At the back of the house and partially open to the kitchen, is a spacious sunroom that can easily be used as an office, dining or hobby room. The sunny and inviting living room features a beveled glass-embellished door, stone entryway, bay window, & hardwood floors.
The bedrooms include two small, but extremely charming, attic rooms. These bedrooms include elegant custom colors, multiple storage closets and ceilings that follow the peaked roof line of the house. The third bedroom is on the main level with views of the side yard garden. This bedroom has two closets, one is a spacious walk-in. The fourth bedroom is a primary suite and is located on the lower level. This suite features glass doors with direct access to the backyard, generous closets & a second full bathroom.
In addition to the primary suite, the lower level has a private side entrance, a spacious laundry area and a huge level out basement. The lower level space is quite versatile and has huge expansion potential. Great for extended family or possible conversion to an ADU (additional dwelling unit) with a private level in entrance.
Did I mention the beautiful fenced backyard? It is perfect for outdoor entertaining as well as meditative relaxation, with a large brick patio, lush gardens, natural stone fountain, raised garden beds, a variety of seating and planting areas, and a barn. Yes, a barn which is currently being used for storage, but has great potential for restoration and reuse. The yard and gardens are sure to delight and inspire the passionate gardener and those who just want to lounge in a great yard.
While there is no garage, plenty of off-street parking is available on the long, wide driveway on the west side of the lot. A huge amount of storage is available in the barn, which is bigger than a typical single car garage, plus more storage is provided in the enormous basement with both interior and exterior access.
Located in the Richmond Annex neighborhood only 1 block from El Cerrito City Hall and less than 1 mile to the Del Norte BART station. The Annex is a very walkable neighborhood, close to the El Cerrito Swim and Community Center, El Cerrito Natural Grocery Store & Food Annex, parks, schools, shops, and numerous restaurants.
For the past 27 years, this exceptional home has been well loved, rehabilitated and cared for by its talented, creative and artistic owner. The home has infinite possibilities and is ready for a new owner to enjoy.
- Artistically renovated 1916 farmhouse style home.
- 4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms plus huge walk-in basement for storage and expansion potential.
- Beautifully remodeled kitchen with loads of solid wood cabinets, gorgeous granite counters, wainscoting, cork flooring and large walk-in pantry.
- Sunroom, adjacent to the kitchen, with views to the backyard. Perfect as a dining room, hobby room or office.
- Huge lot (5,500 Sq. ft. Per public records) with beautiful well designed mature landscaping, raised garden beds, granite fountain, numerous seating & planting areas.
- The barn is a large out building located in the backyard, currently used for storage.
- Plenty of off-street parking on the long, wide driveway.
- Very walkable, socially cohesive neighborhood, 1 block from El Cerrito City Hall and less than 1 mile to Del Norte BART. Near El Cerrito Swim and Community Center, Hillside Nature Area, El Cerrito Natural Grocery, parks, schools, shops and restaurants.